Friday, January 28, 2011

What is a good technical book to help me learn about basic medical diagnostics?



Your Ad Here





Question by Kevin M: What is a good technical book to help me learn about basic medical diagnostics?

I am a computer scientist with an "application area" of biology. Strange I know, my point is I have at least a basic understanding of biological principles, and a more detailed understanding of a few specific areas (microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, etc). Enough background info: I recently have found myself wanting to know basics about various medical issues (both diagnostics and treatment). I'm looking for a book that can give me a basic overview of a wide range of "medical problems", as well as a bit of slightly more technical information. A book that might answer,

What is the cause of allergies (physiology)?
What happens when a person has an allergic reaction?
What common parasitic worms are there, what are their symptoms, what are their treatments?
Different types of cancer, their treatments, and how they work exactly?

I find myself looking at the body more as a complicated machine, I'd love to know more about how it works in relationship to problems.

Thanks!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by SAMI
Clinical Methods
By
Hutchinson Bumford
is a small book of immense help.
You will have to read a few references given in the book also





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment